Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well Thanksgiving is over with. We had a busy one. First, we went to Johnny's mom house for Thanksgiving french toast. His step dad can make some mean french toast. We stayed there for  a while and Riley got to help Grammie Jenny make her famous sweet potato souffle. Then we went to my mom's house for Thanksgiving Day dinner. My grandparent's were in town from Ohio so it was good for Riley and all of us to spend some time with them. The next day I got up way too early to start my Christmas shopping. I had to get it done with before Riley woke up because Johnny wasn't and still isn't feeling his best. So, there I was waiting in line to get into Target at 5:30. When the doors opened thank goodness I didn't need dvd's or a guitar hero. There were only two of us back at the toys. I was done in 15 min. I did get some good deals however, and was able to snag everything Riley wanted. After Target I ran home just as Ry was waking up grabbed her and off we went. We hit the East Cobb Avenue, Kohl's, Old Navy, and Office Max. Around 12:30 I went home totally exhausted but completely finished. Luckily Johnny slept off some of his illness and allowed me to sleep for a couple of hours. That was the first time I have ever gotten up so early to do the shopping, but I tell ya what its rewarding to be done and not have to worry about it. Now, I can enjoy Riley's birthday which is tomorrow Dec. 2nd, her party the following Saturday, and all the Christmas events that are to come. We had a great break and I am so Thankful and blessed for all the family and friends that I have to. Until next time...PEACE OUT

No comments: