Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Reese Marie Jackson is here!!!!

So, she is here our little bundle of joy Reese Marie. I wanted to have her over spring break and I truly got my wish. This past Friday evening I felt like I was starting to have a few contractions. Nothing huge just a few. I was also sick and didn't know that if all the coughing was why my stomach was hurting. I contemplated calling the doctor and didn't. The next day Saturday Riley got invited to a friends birthday party over by my parent's house. I was still not feeling good and decided to not to go with Johnny to his step-sister's dinner rehersal for her wedding. Instead after the birthday party I went to my parent's house to have Riley play with my niece and I could relax a little bit. While I was there I started to have contractions and by the advice from my mother I called the doctor. The mid-wife called me back (which I didn't really care for since I never deal with mid wives) and told me to drink two big glasses of water, lay down for a couple of hours, and if they subside then don't call back but if they are still strong then call back because they can't do a c-section unless you are 4 to 5 cent. dialated. Which is a bunch of crock.....because there are several people who don't even dialate and that is why they have to have a c-section. But, regardless I did as she instructed. I was still having them but was kinda scared to call back because I had a feeling that they were just going to send me home.

But, the mid wife told me to come on in and they would check me. When I got here intially my cervix was not fully closed but was a little funky. The nurse could get her fingers in there but I still closed a good bit. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor and told me that as long as I was still contracting then there would be a good possibility of having her. Two hours later they came and did a sonogram to make sure she hadn't turned because her they found her heart beat lower then you would a breach baby but she was still breached and they checked my cervix. Which was now 2 1/2 to 3 cent dialated and I was 80 percent effaced. They called the doctor on call and then came back and told me that I would be having her after mid night because I had eaten dinner.

From seven thirty until twelve twenty I sat in a room and just had a ton of contractions and coughing fits. I was scared of having a c-section while being sick but she was coming and there was no stopping her. They wheeled me back and gave me a spinal block which numbed my whole body, brought Johnny back and in ten min she was here, beautiful as ever. The doctor who by the way had no bed side manor what so ever had told my mom or mom overheard her say that it was a super easy c-section. It was she didn't use staples like I had with Riley which I hated. She used disovable sutchers which were easier for me to stand and walk with.

The only thing I am having problems with now is the coughing. I don't do it as much but when I have to it hurts pretty bad. They have me on Robotessin or however you spell it. It seems to help and I am slowly getting better. I only cough maybe a few times a day but believe me that is enough.

Reese is doing great her white blood cell count was a little high so they put her on a iv with and antibiotic to see if that would level it out, and it has worked. She is so laid back and pretty much eat, sleeps, and poop. She looks a lot like her big sister but fairer an her hair is a little strawberry blond thanks to her father. Perfect!!!!

We should be going home today if everything works as it should.

Reese Marie Jackson April 5, 2009 6lbs 13 oz. 18 1/4 inch.

No comments: